This privacy statement was last updated on April 1, 2022 and applies to citizens of the United Kingdom.
In this privacy statement, Razor USA LLC (“Razor,” “we,” or “us”) explains what we do with the data we obtain about you via https://global.razor.com or any subdomains. We recommend you carefully read this statement. In our processing we comply with the requirements of privacy legislation. That means, among other things, that:
- We clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this by means of this privacy statement;
- We aim to limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data required for legitimate purposes;
- We first request your explicit consent to process your personal data in cases requiring your consent;
- We take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also require this from parties that process personal data on our behalf;
- We respect your right to access your personal data or have it corrected or deleted, at your request.
Please note that the information-gathering portions of this site are not intended for or directed to persons under the age of 16. The products that Razor sells are not intended for purchase by children. Razor sells children’s and adult products for purchase by adults. By using this site or providing Razor with any information, you represent to Razor that you are 16 years of age or older and that any information you provide to Razor about a third party is for a third party that is 16 years of age or older.
If you have any questions or want to know exactly which of your data we keep, please contact us.
1. Data we collect and how it is used
1.1 What data do we collect?
Razor is the data controller for purposes of the Data Protection Act. We and our third-party business partners collect data when you use our website. In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags, and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. To learn more about these technologies, please see our Cookie Notice.
The collected data includes:
- Device data: We may collect information about the devices used to access our websites and services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating system and versions, software, preferred language, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, and mobile network data.
- Usage data: We collect data about how users interact with our website. This includes data such as website page requests, pages visited, content viewed, clicks, search queries, access dates and times, app features viewed, app crashes and other system activity, and type of browser.
- Location data: We collect data regarding your location when you use our website. This is used to direct you to the correct country subdomain, localize the language on the site and provide other location-specific features.
1.2 How will we use your data?
Razor collects and uses data for its legitimate interests and/or based on your consent to provide users with a better experience and enhance our products and services. We describe these uses below:
We do not sell or rent your personal data to other marketers, except with users’ consent.
a. Providing services and features. Razor uses the data we collect to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our products and services.
This includes using the data to:
- Provide, support, personalize, and develop our website, products, and services.
- Create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
b. Safety and Security and to Protect Razor’s legal interests. We use personal data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. We also may use personal data to protect our legal interests, including protection of our intellectual property rights.
c. Research and development. We may use the data we collect for testing, research, analysis, product development, and business development to improve the user experience, our website, products, and services. For example, we analyze site traffic and trends and use data to understand the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services.
d. Marketing. We may use the data we collect to market our services to our users (with your consent, where required by law).
We may use the data we collect to personalize the marketing communications (including advertisements) that we send, including based on user location, past use of Razor’s products and services, and user preferences and settings.
Collected data may also be used to measure the effectiveness of advertising and marketing campaigns and create aggregate business and marketing insights.
You have the right at any time to stop Razor from contacting you for marketing purposes or providing your information to third parties for marketing purposes.
e. Non-marketing communications. Razor may use the data we collect to generate and provide users with receipts; inform them of changes to our terms, services, or policies; or send communications for purposes other than marketing Razor’s services or products.
1.3 With whom do we share your data?
We only share the data we collect from you with processors and with other third parties for which consent must be obtained. These include:
Name: Google / YouTube
Purpose: Analytics, fonts, geolocation, marketing
Name: Facebook / Instagram
Purpose: Analytics, marketing
Purpose: Analytics, marketing
Name: WP Engine
Purpose: Website hosting
We are committed to the security of personal data. We take appropriate security measures to limit abuse of and unauthorised access to personal data. This ensures that only the necessary persons have access to your data and that access to the data is protected.
4. Third-party websites
This privacy statement does not apply to third-party websites connected by links on our website. We provide links to our retail partners. We also provide links to Razor’s content on social network sites, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter. When you click on a link, you will be taken to the third party’s website. We cannot guarantee that these third parties handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. We recommend you read the privacy statements of these websites prior to making use of these websites.
5. Third-party plugins
YouTube. Our website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited.
If you are logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
YouTube is used to help make our website appealing. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
Complianz. Our website uses plugins from Complianz B.V., located at: Complianz B.V., Atoomweg 6b, 9743 AK Groningen, Netherlands.
Complianz’s plugins help Razor manage our website users’ privacy, including users’ cookie preferences and consent.
Fonts. For uniform representation of fonts, the website uses web fonts provided by Google and Typography.com. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose, your browser establishes a direct connection to Google servers. Google thus becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. The use of web font services is done in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our plugin. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.
6. Amendments to this privacy statement
We reserve the right to make amendments to this privacy statement. It is recommended that you consult this privacy statement regularly to be aware of any changes. In addition, we will actively inform you wherever possible.
7. Accessing and modifying your data
If you have any questions or want to know which personal data we have about you, please contact us. You can contact us by using the information below. You have the following rights:
- Right of access: You have the right to request that we provide you a copy of your personal data that is known to us.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to supplement or correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete information you believe is incomplete.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Right to object to processing: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- Right to revoke consent: If you give us your consent to process your data, you have the right to revoke that consent and to have your personal data deleted.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below in the Contact Details section.
In any request to us, please make sure to clearly state who you are, so that we can be certain that we do not modify or delete any data of the wrong person.
8. Transfer of Personal Data
We share information globally, both internally within Razor USA and externally with our partners. Your information may, for example, be transferred or transmitted to, or stored and processed in the United States or other countries outside of where you live for the purposes as described in this policy. We utilize standard contract clauses, rely on the European Commission’s adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, and obtain your consent for these data transfers to the United States and other countries.
9. Automated decision-making
We make decisions on the basis of automated processing with respect to matters that may have (significant) consequences for individuals. These are decisions taken by computer programs or systems without human intervention. Specifically, we use geolocation information to redirect users to the appropriate Razor subdomain, based on detected user country code.
10. Submitting a complaint
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle (a complaint about) the processing of your personal data, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority.
11. Contact details